The program of the faculty is aimed at training specialists with a broad profile who are proficient in the development of infocommunication systems. The training assumes an active independent, scientific research and project work of bachelors under the guidance of experienced teachers of ITMO University and specialists of partner enterprises.
What will they teach?
- ОTo assess the relevance, prospects and significance of the design of communication facilities and networks (depending on the training profile, these can be communication networks and switching systems, signaling networks, radio communication devices, mobile communications, multichannel telecommunication systems, multimedia technologies, information security tools, etc.)
- Collect and analyze the initial data for the calculation and design of communication facilities, intelligent infocommunication networks and their elements
- Perform calculations and design of networks, facilities and communications in accordance with the terms of reference
- Develop design and technical documentation, complete completed design work
- Control compliance of the projects being developed with standards and other normative documents
In what areas can I be engaged in project activities?
- Technologies of Software-Configurable Networks
- Development of secure data transmission systems
- Intelligent transport systems
- Internet of things
- Smart home and much more …
Are there scientific laboratories at the faculty?
- Cisco Academy
- Distributed data processing and storage center ITMO
- Laboratory of bioinformatics
- Autodesk Center
- Educational and Research Center for Programmable Electronics
- Laboratory of Programmable Computer Networks
- HP Technology Center for Cloud Computing
- The HP Technology Center of the international “HP Technology Institute” (MIT)
What additional opportunities do I have?
- Authorized courses on the programs of leading vendors (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novel I, etc.)
- Certification in testing centers: Prometric, VUE, Certiport